CHIEF LOUD RECIPES offers new ways to consume cannabis through the foods we enjoy eating. CHIEF LOUD provides delicious recipes for medicinal and the good times.
Cannabis Pumpkin Pie Recipe
By Marie Veksler
Pumpkin pie is a timeless recipe for several holidays and occasions. As it turns out, it is also the perfect medicated-dessert for those who do not particularly enjoy the taste of cannabis.
Use these easy, step-by-step instructions to make this classic favorite at home for a special occasion or just because.
- ¼ cup kief-butter or cannabis-butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) canned pumpkin
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°Fahrenheit.
- In a small saucepan, melt the cannabis butter over low heat.
- Combine milk, eggs, molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, brown sugar, and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir the kief-butter or cannabis-butter into the pie mixture until well combined.
- Pour the pumpkin batter into the pie crust and bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes. The pie is ready when the filling has settled.
- Once done baking, allow pie to cool for 30 minutes before cutting.
Top with whipped cream, and enjoy!
Marijuana Nachos Recipe
By Marie Veksler
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 TBSP of your favorite light beer
- 3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 3 TBSP THC oil
- 6 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 6 TBSP sour cream
- Optional: 1 lb cooked ground beef or chicken
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, jalapeno, and onion. Add ¾ of these items to a blender or food processor with the garlic, beer, lemon juice and THC oil. Pulse until the mixture is blended, but chunky.
- Reserve the other ¼ of the onion, tomato, and jalapeno for topping the nachos.
- Spread the chips out in the baking pan. Top chips with cheese, and the mixture you just made in the blender or food processor.
- Place the baking pan into the preheated oven for 5 -10 minutes (until the cheese has melted to your liking).
- Top with the avocado, green onion, cooked beef or chicken, sour cream, tomato, jalapeno, white onion, and serve!
Marijuana Watermelon Juice Recipe
By Marie Veksler
This cannabis-infused watermelon juice is the most refreshing way to medicate! Enjoy a glass with breakfast or as an afternoon treat.
If you make your own cannabis tincture, we recommend using one of the strains below. They have all been hand selected based on their fruity flavor profiles.
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- ½ cup distilled water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cannabis tincture
- 6 mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt, to rim glasses
- fine strainer
- pitcher, jug, or other glass beverage container
- Gut the watermelon to remove all the fruit.
- Cut watermelon in small cubes before adding to the blender.
- In the blender, combine watermelon, water, sugar and lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Filter the juice through a strainer into the glass beverage container.
- Add the cannabis tincture and mint leaves to the watermelon juice.
- Stir until well combined.
Refrigerate to chill, or serve over ice. Refrigerate leftovers for 2-3 days.
Cannabis Butter Recipe
By Marie Veksler
- 4 ounces butter
- ¼ ounce finely ground cannabis buds
- 8 ounces water- More water may be added, as needed to prevent the mixture from drying out.
- grinder (a clean coffee bean grinder will work best)
- medium saucepan or double boiler
- airtight storage container
- metal spoon
- thongs (optional)
- Melt the butter in a double boiler. Be sure that the top of the double boiler does not touch the boiling water. If using a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the ground flowers, water and stir frequently with metal spoon to make sure all the cannabis is coated with butter. The water will prevent the mixture from drying out and burning, and will be removed from the cannabis-butter at the end.
- Simmer on low heat for at least 45-60 minutes. Stir slowly and frequently. It is important not to burn the butter.
- Put cheesecloth into the storage container, and dump the cannabis butter into the cheesecloth. A metal mesh strainer will also work for this step if you do not mind a small amount of plant matter in the butter.
- Squeeze the cheesecloth to strain out as much of the butter as possible. Use thongs to squeeze out as much of the butter as possible to separate from the plant matter. You can also use a big spoon to achieve similar results.
- Once you have squeezed out all of the liquid cannabis butter possible, place the storage container into the freezer for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove solidified cannabis butter container from freezer. The butter will be solidified, and the water will still be liquid.
- Dump the water, so that all you are left with is the cannabis butter.
*If the water freezes, you may either allow it to melt off, or scrape the ice layer away from the butter layer.
The cannabis butter is ready for immediate use, or you can store it in the refrigerator or freezer for 3-4 weeks.
Cannabis butter may be used in any recipe that calls for butter. Remember to start low and go slow, especially if you are new to cooking with cannabis because it will take longer to feel effects of edible marijuana than with smoking. Get creative, and ENJOY!